Scholarly Research Services For Faculty
Our goal is to help faculty succeed through the services we provide. In order to support faculty teaching and scholarship each faculty member has a library liaison. Liaisons will focus on their faculty’s teaching and scholarship interests and will partner with them to meet their goals in those areas. We offer a wide variety of research services including but not limited to:
- Assist with research projects, including working with faculty to do preliminary research in order to identify resources in our physical and virtual collection to support faculty areas of teaching and research.
- Conduct research for faculty to find answers to specific research questions.
- Perform computer searches in both legal and non-legal databases.
- Offer introductory, refresher and specialized training in print and/or electronic resources for faculty and their research assistants. Training at the start of a project can help ensure that everyone involved works efficiently and gets the best quality research results possible.
- Give lectures in courses on specialized research techniques and resources focused specifically on your courses.
- Meet with students individually to guide them in developing a research plan for papers.
- Develop bibliographies or LibGuides on specified topics for faculty research or courses.
- Help establish a current awareness plan for specific areas of interest.
- Identify, respond to and fill faculty requests for materials.
- Deliver materials to faculty offices via our document delivery service.
For student research services please see Reference Services.